Stop damaging your teeth. Protect them with a night guard.
Bruxism, or clenching and grinding your teeth while you sleep, can cause irreversible damage to your mouth. Our dentists and team provide night guards to help protect your teeth and jaw from the damaging effects of bruxism. Family Dental of Palatine’s custom night guards are a simple and affordable solution for better oral health. Give us a call at 847-485-8767 to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists and learn more about night guards for teeth grinding in Palatine, Illinois.
Night guards are custom-made plastic appliances. They are horseshoe-shaped, with shallow borders, and are specifically designed to prevent your upper and lower teeth from touching. Night guards can be worn on either the top or the bottom teeth, and reduce clenching, grinding, and TMJ problems, allowing the muscles in your jaw to relax.
Common signs of bruxism include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice any of these signs, you may benefit from using one of our custom night guards. We will design and create a night guard that fits you comfortably, effectively protecting your teeth and helping you to sleep peacefully.
We welcome you to contact our office today for more information about night guards and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Obeid.