Do you suffer from bruxism? Bruxism is a common but potentially serious disorder that is characterized by a distinct grinding of your teeth while unconscious. In most cases, bruxism occurs while the victim is sleeping, making a diagnosis difficult. Are you showing any signs of bruxism-related dental damage? If you are unsure, check for the following:
– Do your teeth show any signs of chips or cracks that cannot be explained or accounted for?
– Are you suffering from earache-like symptoms?
– Does your tongue feel different, or feature any strange markings?
– Have you noticed a change in the appearance of your teeth?
– Have you noticed an increase in tooth sensitivity or enamel wear?
– Have you noticed any moments that your jaw cannot open or close as required, or to its fullest extent?
– Have you noticed or felt any tissue damage to your inner cheek tissue?
– Have you noticed or been told that you grind and gnash your teeth unconsciously or in your sleep?
To schedule an exam for bruxism at our dentist office in Palatine, Illinois, call Family Dental of Palatine at 847-485-8767 and a member of our team will gladly assist you. Dr. Nidal Obeid and our entire team look forward to helping you achieve the successful smile you desire.