A new year has begun its story for all of us to bear witness to once more. With luck, a fun-filled year that brings all your hopes and ideas to fruition has come to bear its good fortune on you. Of course, it wouldn’t hurt to do your part of practicing safe habits to avoid any disasters that could also be in store. Take the time to make sure you are taking care of your teeth, gums, and braces as you should be.
Keep your orthodontics care at its best all year long. Listed below is a helpful guide to caring for your braces:
– If you have a retainer, always make sure it is cleaned adequately.
– Certain foods and snacks can get lodged between your teeth and braces. If possible, avoid harmful products that can get stuck in these areas.
– If you should suffer an oral accident which damages your braces, use your orthodontist-provided wax until a visit can be made to fix your braces,
– Take extra caution when protecting your teeth and braces. If you are doing any strenuous activity, such as winter sports, or contact sports, be sure to wear proper safety gear such as helmets, mouth guards, and face protectors.
– Always make sure to practice safe and effective oral hygiene habits, including brushing and flossing your teeth. Use dental tools that are specially designed for braces.
– Always be sure to visit your orthodontist at Family Dental of Palatine for all your regularly scheduled appointments and adjustments. Any skipped sessions could delay your recovery time and hamper your treatment effectiveness.
For more tips and helpful hints to keep your braces at their best, please contact Family Dental of Palatine to schedule an appointment with Dr. Nidal Obeid. Our office is located in Palatine, Illinois, and we can be reached by calling us at 847-485-8767. We look forward to shaping your smile!